How to Make the Perfect Homemade Air Fryer Strawberry Poptarts
If you’re looking for a sweet treat that can double as breakfast or dessert, check out this simple air fryer recipe for homemade poptarts. Easy ingredients like strawberry preserves and pre-made pie crust make this morning pastry a quick and on-the-go option that features real fruit, instead of the artificial ingredients and added sugars in store-bought PopTarts.
-2 refrigerated pie crusts
-1 teaspoon cornstarch
-⅓ cup low-sugar strawberry preserves
-your preferred cooking oil (olive oil or coconut oil are great options)
-½ cup plain, non-fat vanilla Greek yogurt
-1 ounce cream cheese
-1 tablespoon of your preferred sweetener (honey, raw sugar, etc).
-1 teaspoon sugar sprinkles
- Lay the pie crust on a flat working surface, like a cutting board.
- Using a knife or a pizza cutter, cut the two pie crusts into 6 rectangles. Each should be fairly long in length, as you will fold the dough in half to seal the poptart shut.
- Add the preserves and cornstarch to a bowl and mix well. Add a tablespoon of the preserves to the crust, placing a dollop in the upper area of the crust.
- Fold the dough in half to close the pastry.
- Using a fork, make imprints along the perimeter of the pastry crust. Vertical and horizontal lines along the edges work best.
- Place the poptarts in the air fryer and spray the tops with cooking oil. You may need to bake the pastries in batches in order to avoid stacking and overlap.
- Cook at 370 degrees F for 10 minutes, checking in at eight minutes to confirm the pastries aren’t too crisp for your liking.
- Create the frosting by combining the Greek yogurt, cream cheese, and sweetener in a bowl.
- Remove the poptarts from the air fryer and allow them to cool completely.
- Once cooled, frost the poptarts with icing and top with sprinkles.
This delicious air fryer delight is a great way to begin the day or a fun midnight snack to make ahead of time. Complete with nutrients from real fruit and packed with protein from Greek yogurt, air fryer poptarts can be part of your child’s balanced breakfast or lunchbox snack.
Click here to see more air fryer recipes