How to Make the Perfect Air Fryer Oreos
If you’re craving carnival food or a deep-fried treat, look no further than this simplified recipe for the state-fair-inspired food you love. With just a few simple ingredients and the help of an air fryer, you’ll be enjoying milk’s favorite cookie with an all-American spin.
-½ cup complete pancake mix
-⅓ cup of water
-9 chocolate sandwich cookies, such as Oreo®cookies
-1 tablespoon of confectioners’ sugar, or to taste
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F.
- Combine the pancake mix with water and stir.
- Line an air fryer basket with parchment paper, and spray the paper with your nonstick cooking spray.
- Dip the cookies in the pancake batter and place on the parchment paper one at a time. Make sure the cookies are not touching, and complete the process in batches if necessary.
- Cook for four to five minutes, and turn them over, cooking for an additional two or three minutes.
After the pancake batter has crisped and appears golden brown, remove the cookies from the air fryer and sprinkle them with confectioners’ sugar.
Enjoy this type of festival food from the comfort of your very own kitchen. With a crispy exterior, crunchy chocolate cookie, and a warm, cream-filled center on the inside, this delightful finger food makes an excellent dessert to pass around the table at your next dinner party or birthday celebration.
Click here to see more air fryer recipes