How to Make the Perfect Air Fryer Cinnamon and Sugar Pretzel Bites
Paired best with a chocolate dipping sauce or cream cheese frosting, air fryer cinnamon and sugar pretzel bites are a satisfying treat for individuals of all ages. With the help of an air fryer, you’ll achieve gourmet-style soft pretzels, dusted in cinnamon and sugar. Complete with pillowy dough and a homemade taste, these bites are a crowd favorite.
-1 ½ cups of self-rising flour
-1 cup of Greek yogurt
-2 tablespoons of butter, melted
-½ cup cane sugar
-1 tablespoon of cinnamon
- Place one cup of Greek yogurt in a mixing bowl, gradually add one cup of flour while stirring to combine. Continue to add flour, between a half cup or three-fourths cup more, until the dough can be molded into the shape of a ball.
- Knead the ball of dough on a well-floured surface. If it feels too sticky, continue to add flour. The dough should be able to maintain its shape without sticking to your work space.
- Cut the dough into four even pieces.
- Roll each piece out into a long rope shape. Then, cut each rope into bite-sized pieces. You should finish with around 30 equal-sized dough bites.
- Line the pretzel bites in the air fryer in a single layer; ensure the pieces do not overlap or touch.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 7-10 minutes, shaking the basket occasionally to flip the pieces and encourage even cooking.
- Combine the cinnamon and sugar in a bowl and mix together. Transfer the bites to a plate and brush with melted butter.
- Dip the bites, one-by-one, into the cinnamon and sugar mixture until evenly coated.
- Plate and serve immediately with warm dipping sauces of your choice. Try melting semi-sweet chocolate chips into a rich sauce and combine with cream cheese for additional depth.
Cinnamon and sugar pretzel bites are a poppable, portable dessert option. They provide the afternoon sugar spike you need— without the crash and the added calories from traditionally-fried food. Don’t forget about this sweet and shareable snack the next time you’re prepping for a potluck or party.
Click here to see more air fryer recipes