Eating doesn’t need to be expensive, but in a lot of cases it can be. We’ve put together a few vegan-friendly snacks you can whip up in your air fryer that won’t break the bank. A lot of these recipes use spices you likely already have in your kitchen so we don’t include these in the cost of the overall recipe! See a spice you don’t have? Feel free to substitute for something you own that you find equally delicious!
Air Fryer Chickpeas - $2.50 (Pictured Above)
- 1-2 cans chickpeas/garbanzo beans (only $0.99 per can at Trader Joes)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- Olive oil spray
- Drain and rinse chickpeas in a colander
- Pat off excess moisture and leave out for 15-20 minutes for any remaining moisture to evaporate (optional, although this step allows for extra cripsiness!)
- Spray chickpeas and toss with seasonings.
- Air Fry at 350 for 10 minutes, mixing at halfway.
Spicy Asparagus - $4.50
- 1 bunch of asparagus
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- Olive Oil Spray
- Wash and dry your asparagus.
- Spray with olive oil and coat asparagus with seasonings.
- Air fry at 375 for 10 minutes, flip halfway through.
Apple Chips $3.50
- 2 apples (of choice, we prefer red delicious)
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ½ cinnamon
- Cooking spray (coconut or olive oil)
- Thinly slice apples into chip-like shape. Make sure to remove seeds/stem when approaching the middle of the apple!
- Pat apple slices dry with paper towel and lightly coat with cooking spray
- Season accordingly
- Air fry at 375 for 10 minutes, flipping halfway through. If needed, add 2 additional minutes.