How to Make the Perfect Air Fryer Tofu
This Asian-inspired crispy tofu is a great air fryer option for vegetarians, vegans, and carnivores in the mood for a meat-free meal. A versatile protein that pairs well with a variety of sauces, tofu adds the perfect crunch on top of a salad, provides flavor to peanut pad thai, and cooks in time for a breakfast burrito bowl.
-¼ cup olive oil
-3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
-2 green onions, chopped
-2 garlic cloves, minced
-¼ teaspoon ground cumin
-¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
-1 package (14 ounces) of extra-firm tofu
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F.
- In a bowl or shallow dish, combine the olive oil, soy sauce, onions, garlic cloves, cumin, and red pepper flakes.
- Slice the tofu lengthwise into ⅜-inch thick slices. Then, cut each slice in half diagonally to make triangles.
- Brush each side of the tofu with the marinade and set on a tray. Refrigerate 3-5 hours, turning occasionally.
- Place the tofu on a greased tray inside the air fryer basket, and drizzle the additional marinade over top of the tofu.
- Cook until lightly browned and heated all the way through. This should take 6-8 minutes.
Cooking with a versatile substance like tofu makes for a series of creative recipes—this main dish absorbs whatever flavors, sauces, and spices you choose. Get excited about the endless options of tofu next “Meatless Monday,” or change up your other favorite air fryer specialties by substituting the protein for this soy-based option.
Click here to see more air fryer recipes