Crispy chicken taquitos will quickly become your family’s favorite dish on Taco Tuesday. With only five ingredients required, this simple weekday dinner can be whipped up in no time in an air fryer —even if your refrigerator is in desperate need of restocking.
-Shredded, cooked chicken from 1 roasted chicken or a rotisserie
-Soft flour tortillas
-Olive oil spray
- Preheat the air fryer to 365 degrees F.
- Combine 3-4 cups of cooked chicken with a ½ cup of salsa in a large mixing bowl. Toss to combine.
- Work in batches, laying five tortillas down at once. On the bottom third of each tortilla, sprinkle a tablespoon of shredded cheese horizontally. Spoon the chicken and salsa mixture on top of the cheese.
- Roll the tortilla tightly, and set aside until you’ve made your desired amount of taquitos. About 20 taquitos will feed a family of four.
- Line the air fryer basket with the rolled tacos. The tortilla should be positioned seam-side down, touching the perforated basket. We recommend working in batches of four or five at a time.
- Spray the tops of the tortillas with the olive oil spray and cook for 4 or 5 minutes or until the cheese begins to melt. The tortillas should appear golden and crispy.
Enjoy your simple air fryer salsa chicken taquitos of a bed of lettuce, restaurant-style, or pair them with traditional toppings, like sour cream, cotija cheese, and pico de gallo. This main dish tastes delicious with other air fryer sides, like roasted Mexican street corn and crispy potatoes.
Click here to see more air fryer recipes