How to Make the Perfect Air Fryer Stuffed Mushrooms
Follow this recipe to create the perfect party appetizer—crispy and creamy air fryer stuffed mushrooms that will leave your mouth watering. Rich parmesan, fresh parsley, and juicy mushrooms combine to produce a rich and satisfying snack.
-16 oz mini/baby portobello mushrooms
-1 pound of mild ground pork sausage, cook and drained
-8 oz package of cream cheese softened
-2 tablespoons of fresh, chopped parsley
-1 crushed garlic clove
-¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat the air fryer to 390 degrees.
- Rinse the mushrooms and remove the stems. Place the stems in a food processor or blender. If these tools aren’t available, finely chop the stems.
- Combine the cooked sausage, cream cheese, parsley, garlic clove, and cheese. Use the food processor to finely chop the ingredients, or simply mix them together in a large bowl.
- Spoon the filling into each of the mushroom caps.
- Spray the air fryer’s perforated basket with nonstick cooking spray; olive oil spray compliments these flavors best.
- Gently place the mushrooms in a single layer inside the air fryer’s basket and cook for 8 minutes. Repeat the process with the remaining mushrooms.
- Remove and serve.
This versatile recipe serves as a simple foundation. Feel free to experiment with a variety of different mushroom toppings, like sesame seeds and red onion for an Asian flair, or jalapenos and sweet corn for a Mexican-inspired snack.
Looking for more recipes? Check out our air fryer recipe list.