How to Make Air Fryer Calamari
How to Make the Perfect Air Fryer Calamari
While calamari may seem like an upscale appetizer reserved for seafood restaurants and talented chefs, this starter is easy to master in the air fryer. With a few simple ingredients, you’ll enjoy this guilt-free, crispy, air-fried calamari. For an extra touch of flavor, garnish with lemon wedges.
-½ cup all-purpose flour
-1 large egg
-¼ cup milk
-2 cups Panko bread crumbs
-1 teaspoon salt
-1 teaspoon ground black pepper
-1 pound calamari rings, patted dry
-Nonstick cooking spray
-Lemon wedges for garnish
-Cocktail sauce for dipping
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F.
- Place flour in a bowl. Whisk egg and milk in a separate bowl. Combine panko, salt, and pepper in a third bowl.
- First, coat the calamari in flour. Then, dip it into the egg mixture. Once saturated, complete the process by dipping the same ring into the breadcrumbs. Repeat in this order with the remaining calamari.
- Spread the calamari rings in the air fryer basket, making sure that no rings are overlapping or touching. If needed, work in batches. Finally, spray the tops with nonstick cooking spray.
- Air fry for 4 minutes. Flip the rings, and spray the other side with nonstick cooking spray. Cook for three more minutes or until the rings appear golden and crispy.
- Garnish with lemon wedges and add cocktail sauce for dipping.
Calamari makes a great appetizer for parties, events, and family gatherings. In less than fifteen minutes, you’ll have a gourmet snack prepared for guests or a fun starter to munch on all by yourself!
Looking for more recipes? Check out our air fryer recipe list.