Whether you’ve mastered a few air fryer appetizers and feel ready for more or consider yourself an air fryer expert, this fun seafood dish is sure to spice up your weekday dinner routine. A combination of colorful vegetables and savory spices add a home-cooked flair to this soulful meal.
-1 pound of cleaned and peeled jumbo shrimp
-6 ounces fully cooked turkey or chicken andouille sausage, sliced
-1 medium zucchini, sliced
-1 medium yellow squash, sliced
-1 large red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
-½ teaspoon kosher salt
-2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine the Cajun seasoning and shrimp. Toss the shrimp with the seasoning until evenly coated.
- Add the sausage and the rest of the vegetables to the bowl. Add the olive oil and salt and then toss to coat the contents evenly.
- For smaller air fryer baskets, consider cooking in two batches. Transfer the shrimp and vegetables to the air fryer basket and cook for 8 minutes. Shake the basket 2 to 3 times to ensure the contents cook evenly.
- Set the first batch aside and repeat the process with the remaining ingredients.
- Return the first batch to the air fryer and cook for one more minute.
The perfect air fryer Cajun shrimp is ready in 30 minutes and is sure to deliver a splash of color to your meal prep. Packed with nutrient dense vegetables and lean fish protein, this dish is sure to satisfy taste buds and help you reach your health goals.
Want to get more air fryer inspired meals? Check out the air fryer recipe list