How to Make the Perfect Air Fryer Bratwurst Bites with Spicy Beer Mustard
The perfect addition to the buffet table or a classic appetizer with a modern twist of mustard—air-fried bratwurst bites are packed full of flavor and make an easy-to-eat, dippable starter for any gathering. Kick back on game day to savor this simple snack, and just another great way to use your air fryer.
-½ cup dark beer
-3 tablespoons of honey
-½ teaspoon ground turmeric
-⅛ teaspoon allspice
-½ cup stone-ground spicy mustard
-6 miniature sweet bell peppers; seeds removed, cut into halves
-5 bratwurst links cut into chunks
- Combine beer, honey, turmeric, and allspice in a small saucepan. Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and simmer, uncovered, until volume has reduced by half. This should take approximately 8 minutes. Slowly stir in mustard and let stand until ready to serve.
- Line the air fryer basket with the sliced sweet peppers and chunks of bratwurst.
- Cook in the air fryer at 400 degrees F. Toss once after five minutes, or about halfway through the cooking process. The peppers should feel tender and the edges of the bratwurst should begin to brown and crisp after 10 minutes.
- Use an instant-read thermometer to ensure the temperature in the center of the brats reaches 165 degrees F. Work in batches if necessary.
- Serve with the warm mustard sauce.
Enjoy your air fryer bratwurst bites and pass them around at your next gathering. They add the perfect, protein-packed punch of flavor and warming spices and look wonderful arranged on a platter.
Looking for more recipes? Check out our air fryer recipe list.